MYO Fleece and Pile Fibre clothing book Facimile edition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks to public interest I have prepared a facsimile edition of my long out of print "A basic Guide to Making your own Fleece and pile Fibre Clothing " book to go along with the facsimile edition of my Outdoor Activities clothing book
Unfortunately the original work was lost when the printer closed down and sold the business, equally unfortunately my personal copies were loaned out - and never returned! Thanks to the efforts of members of this site I now own two full sets of my books again and can get reasonable scans of the work.
It has been suggested to me that some members of this site might like to own copies of this volume as well as the Activities Clothing book and that I produce PDF facsimile edition.

The booklet has several sections -

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
3 Pullover top Hill Walking Jacket
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
001.jpg
002.jpg

Admittedly not all the info in the book is now in date - some of the addresses for suppliers etc - and the items are basic not modern fashion, designs and some of the scale grids on the copies I have are not the sharpest repros ever ... but the grids are generally a bit better than those in the Activities Clothing book the book is still usable.

These patterns are probably more suited to making gear from that old favourite - the charity shop/military surplus blanket - than the Outdoor Activities book patterns.
If you are interested in owning a PDF or word document of the book then it will cost a mere £5 emailed plus £1 P&P if you want it on disk.
PM me for payment details and the address to send me your money!
The current list of books in my "A Basic Guide to Making your own" range that I can now send out as PDFs is -

Outdoor Activities - facsimile edition
Fleece and Pile Fibre - facsimile edition
Budget Bushcrafting Equipment - original edition

See their separate listings here in "Makers Market" for more information on these titles.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Only available to order :)
Thanks to public interest I have prepared a facsimile edition of my long out of print "A basic Guide to Making your own Fleece and pile Fibre Clothing " book to go along with the facsimile edition of my Outdoor Activities clothing book
Unfortunately the original work was lost when the printer closed down and sold the business, equally unfortunately my personal copies were loaned out - and never returned! Thanks to the efforts of members of this site I now own two full sets of my books again and can get reasonable scans of the work.
It has been suggested to me that some members of this site might like to own copies of this volume as well as the Activities Clothing book and that I produce PDF facsimile edition.

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

Admittedly not all the info in the book is now in date - some of the addresses for suppliers etc - and the items are basic not modern fashion, designs and some of the scale grids on the copies I have are not the sharpest repros ever ... but the grids are generally a bit better than those in the Activities Clothing book the book is still usable.

These patterns are probably more suited to making gear from that old favourite - the charity shop/military surplus blanket - than the Outdoor Activities book patterns.
If you are interested in owning a PDF or word document of the book then it will cost a mere £5 emailed plus £1 P&P if you want it on disk.
The current list of books in my "A Basic Guide to Making your own" range that I can now send out as PDFs is -

See their separate listings here in "Makers Market" for more information on these titles.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Only available to order :)

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

I am also up for trades on all these titles!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Order now to avoid Xmas disappointment! Only available to order :)

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Order now to avoid Xmas disappointment! Not many posting days until Xmas! Only available to order :)

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Wondering what to spend you Xmas prezzie money on? Look no further!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

If you are interested in owning a PDF of the book then it will cost a mere £5 emailed plus £1 P&P if you want it on disk.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Wondering what to spend you Xmas prezzie money on? Look no further!Ideal for someone new to making their own gear!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

If you are interested in owning a PDF of the book then it will cost a mere £5 emailed plus £1 P&P if you want it on disk.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
[Ideal for someone new to making their own gear!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Order now to avoid Xmas disappointment! Not many posting days until Xmas! Only available to order :)

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Something to spend your Christmas money on?

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Spring is here! Time to think about gear for the season ahead!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Summer is here! Time to think about gear for the season ahead!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Xmas is coming... Time to think about gear for the season ahead!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Summer is coming... Time to think about gear for the season ahead!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Xmas is coming... Time to think about gear for the season ahead!

A - Intro
B - Seams and methods
C- projects
Points to bear in mind
1 Classic Jacket
2 Classic Body Warmer
4 Trousers
5 Sallopettes
6 Hat and Balaclava
7 Mitts
View attachment 28721
View attachment 28722

I am also up for trades on all these titles![

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE