My verdict...WS Micarta Vs BRKT Highland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hoodoo said:
Here's one suggestion. Don't know if it would have helped you in this situation but it can't hurt. Put a lanyard made of Kelty Triptease Lightline on you knife. If you leave it lying on the forest floor at night, it's much easier to find with a flashlight. That rope really picks up the light:

Hoodoo have you got any details of suppliers? i haven't lost a knife, well apart from my Mora i left at B&Q. i needed to cut some foam before you ask. i did recently "lose" my hammock in the dark though. It took my 20 minutes blundering around with my head torch looking for it. i almost gave up and slept on the ground. i am now using a Led blinker key chain. However i would prefer something more passive.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Glowrings are cool but I wouldn't want one hanging off my knife. But I do attach them to my Photon microlights. When you wake up in the middle of the night, it's really easy to find your flashlight. Also great for finding your car/house keys.

I don't know a UK supplier. I usually buy mine from Campmor. Pricey stuff though. But I don't leave home without it. :)

Kelty Triptease

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Hoodoo thats a brilliant idea, thats what i'll do. It'll probably make it easier finding things in the dark than during the day! If i dropped it in the long grass, all i would have to do it flash a light over an area and it would glow. :biggthump

i did recently "lose" my hammock in the dark though. It took my 20 minutes blundering around with my head torch looking for it. i almost gave up and slept on the ground. i am now using a Led blinker key chain. However i would prefer something more passive.

:lmao: Thats exactly the kind of thing i would do.

I think Woodland Organics sell those glow keyrings.

Cheers,

Jake

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE