My Treehouse build - a place to escape to.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
Some friends of mine and myself have begun a project that's been a little while in the planning, we started building our very own, adult-sized treehouse. We wanted somewhere to get away from the world, back to nature and live simply. Yes, we've read Nick Weston's 'The Treehouse Diaries' and I know he splits opinions fairly firmly on forums such as this. But we found some aspects of his book very useful, not least as inspiration to actually get our bums in gear and go ahead with the project! It's not for long term living, just a weekend escape for when the world gets too much.

I'm in the process of making a wood burning stove similar to his at the moment, and we're yet to work out things like water and waste. We'll probably go with a couple of caravaning style 'Roll-a-barrel's for water supply as we're not very far from the landowners house and a composting toilet.

Anyway, we've got a blog going here: http://ourplaceinthetrees.blogspot.co.uk/

We started our build over the bank holiday weekend and will continue as an when we can get weekends together. We hope to do build weekends every 6 weeks or so, so it should be finished just in time for winter! haha!

I hope this is in the correct board, didn't quite know where to post it.

Jim

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
Thanks for the feedback folks!

Dwardo - never say never! ;-)

Simon - please do. Progress will be sporadic but do keep checking in. I'll probably update this thread as major developments occur.

Welchyd1 - I live on the Wirral, but the treehouse isn't here. It's somewhere in deepest Shropshire. Exact location withheld! :)

Jim

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
I'm glad you all seem to be on our wavelength with this, I thought this might be the right forum for it :)

Mal-J-Swaine - I don't know about that! Haha, well see how it pans out first. ;)

Jim

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
We've put a few more posts up on the blog, including the beginnings of our stove build, where we're sourcing materials from and most recently where and how it all started.

Currently traffic from this forum is our highest single source of views! Thanks for the support folks, it's genuinely appreciated.

Jim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE