My take on a woodlore, take 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aleks

Feb 17, 2010
Sweden
Well...i wasn´t all that satisfied with the knife when i finished it last time...the grind was a bit convex, had no sheath and the wooden scales started to loosen due to not been glued properly. So what do you do? well, you redo the work and fix your mistakes. So that´s what i did!
The bevel is now nearly 100% flat scandi grind, handgrinded with an edge pro apex. It sherds cigarette paper like nothing!
I completely removed the scales, replaced them with red liners of vulcanized fibre and walnut scales. Repolished the blade to have a more rugged surface, i love that look on a knife.
I Also made my own sheath, which is a first time for me, so there´s a couple of misses wich i´ll try to cover up ;).
The leather is hardened, so it keeps shape, but unfortunately i haven´t had time to apply any wax or any kind of waterproofing, so any tips on what to use is appreciated. I was thinking on going with beeswax on it.
I still have a couple of things to do on it as you can see, but, it´s more or less finished here.
And here are the pics! please comment and give some feedback if you like, or just look =)

_DSC4620.jpg

_DSC4619.jpg

_DSC4618.jpg

_DSC4617.jpg

_DSC4616.jpg

_DSC4615.jpg

_DSC4614.jpg

_DSC4613.jpg

_DSC4611.jpg

_DSC4610.jpg

_DSC4608.jpg

_DSC4607.jpg

_DSC4604.jpg

_DSC4603.jpg

Aleks

Feb 17, 2010
Sweden
The handle was shaped using a belt grinder and sanpaper by hand!
The walnut is oiled with 4 layers of danish oil, and i´m thinking about giving it a layer of beeswax and then a buffing.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
the knife looks great mate, what happebed to you sheath mate on the line that folllows the welt back on its self? did you leave that not dyed on purpose?

Aleks

Feb 17, 2010
Sweden
No, the thing was that when i was making the line back, my girlfriend bumbed the chair, making me go off center from the stiching holes, which were already drilled...
So i had to make a second groove and that´s why it looks like that.
I have filled in the second groove with dye now(not in the picture), and that´s about as goot as i can get it..

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
No, the thing was that when i was making the line back, my girlfriend bumbed the chair, making me go off center from the stiching holes, which were already drilled...
So i had to make a second groove and that´s why it looks like that.
I have filled in the second groove with dye now(not in the picture), and that´s about as goot as i can get it..
ahh i see, could not quite make it out in the pic mate, now i understand, i though you were trying to do contasting colours to show the stitching bud.
take care.
lee.

Aleks

Feb 17, 2010
Sweden
Well actually that´s the case, but the groove got too big at that specific spot =) The groove isn´t dyed at all, so your right in that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE