My second knife!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushmeister

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Leicestershire
For my first attempt at making a knife I made a ridiculous Bowie (just to see if I could!)

http://www.britishblades.com/forums...orking-on-the-principle-bigger-is-better....)

However this was useless for bushcraft! So I knocked this up out of a piece of Highland horn 01/1095 damascus and some zebrino wood (heat treated by Mick Wardell)

It's quite chunky with a 6mm thickness on the spine, but full flat grind, about 9.5 inch total length (5.5 inch blade). More of a camp knife really! Hope you like it!

knife4n.jpg

Knife3n.jpg

Knife2n.jpg

Knife1n.jpg

:)

Last edited:

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Well I missed your first on BB (and was at work last night so could no look) and as the guys said that was a superb first knife.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Very nice indeed! Nice and clean and simple how a camp knife should be. That first one you did isn't my cup of tea but it's an amazing knife especially considering it's your first! You've set the standard high, I can't wait to see your future workgoodjob

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
very nice mate, thats a cracker!

How much was the steel per inch if you don't mind me asking? the price isnt on the website while they are on hols!

Bushmeister

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Leicestershire
Hi Shinken,

I think that was a 10 inch piece and it cost about 40 quid. It was the thicker stock though - very thick (as in 9mm in places). Needed a fair bit of squareing off before I could start grinding the blade. Lovely bit of steel though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE