My pics are too big

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I've been trying to post something up including a couple of pics but they keep coming up massive everytime I preview my post.

I've got them on photobucket and I'm linking from there to here. I've reduced them at photobucket to 640x480 which is the size I want them but they keep coming up massive every time I add them into my post. 1040x700 I think.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'll include one of them here to show you. Everything over at photobucket says it's been reduced to 640x480 as I wanted but when I post here it's this big....

DSCF0274.jpg

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
That pik there is 640x 480 matey, i just right clicked on the properties of it which shows it's size.

Thats a good size for a forum to be honest and a very nice pik aswell

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
That's weird. It looks jeffin' massive on my monitor. I right-clicked and checked properties before posting this question just to check and it's telling me it's 1024x768. When I do the same on the image at photobucket it's 640x480.

Is everyone else seeing it as 640x480? Because on my monitor it puts 1/3 of the image out of the screen.
I've got an average sized monitor and not had this problem before :confused:

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
That looks Familiar :)

Looks 640x480 on my screen .. using Firefox to browse with (could be a browser issue).

Don't suppose you remember where that was do you Neil? I can't for the life of me remember. A quick look at the map may trigger my memory but the map's still in my car which is 2 streets away at the moment.
It was from the view point near the top of a mountain and we were looking down the valley at the trees next to a stream and deciding it was a bit too steep for camping. We drove across the 'ghost train' bridge in the picture into FC land...

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
open photobucket

tick on the photo(s) you want to post

scroll down to the bottom of the screen

click generate HTML IMG code

highligt the code in IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended

copy

paste to your message and you have a smaller image which when clicked opens up to full size in a new window

There you go, hope this helps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE