My next in the making

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
As promised in Stanley lake's thread;

P190109_2237.jpg

What do you think, all opinions welcome.

As you may know I've gone and hurt myself so may be a while before I get the scales on it but I'll show you the finished knife when I'm done.

Oh, I'd like some light (ish) coloured scales for it if anyone wants rid of some? I like birch burl, curley birch, maple, yew, zebrano and similar so if you've got something kicking about can you give me a shout please, I may be interested ;)

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
very nice its amazing how much talent there is on this bush craft site what did you use to put your grind on the blade. bet your itching to get your handles done if you don't have any look with your wood hunt give me a shout cheers

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
very nice its amazing how much talent there is on this bush craft site what did you use to put your grind on the blade. bet your itching to get your handles done if you don't have any look with your wood hunt give me a shout cheers

Speak for yourself ;)

I use an altered bench disc / belt sander to do my grinds, Bernie shew me his and explained what I needed to do, It's helpful but I still took a while to learn how to make a nice job of it (still not 100% but getting there). I'd like to have a go at shallow grinds like you do but for "users" I preffer the scandi - seems to split wood better.

My only concern is the pins, you can't see very clearly in the picture but for some reason they're a bit low on the handle and I'm a little worried about the very back one splitting the wood. I filled it up with weld and tried to drill it a bit higher but it ended up in near enough the same place so I'll just see how it goes.

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
your right you cant see it very well on you picture i will be OK if you apply plenty off epoxy resin to the lanyard pin and the area around it take a look at the nessmuk ive got listed on the edge tools thread its under 5 i did over the holidays the lanyard is very close to the end off the knife handle trust me.:approve:

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
oh aye, that IS close! the handle on mine'll be quite "fat" at that point anyway so should be ok. or maybe I'll have another shot at filling and re-drilling it, I'll have a think about it.

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Take it from me mate leave it alone or you will dig your self in a deeper hole. wouldn't it be easier to just drill a hole in another location you wont see the first hole as it will be covered by the handles:thinkerg:

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
Fair point Stanley, Though I've no problems welding it up (Was a welder / fabricator this time last year), as you say I'm probably better off leaving it alone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE