My newly designed bushcraft knife !

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I have messed about with various knife designs over the years and have loved some and disliked others i have took all the features i liked from knifes i have used and came up with these !
Picture2944.jpg

Picture2952.jpg

Picture2949.jpg

Picture2859.jpg

Picture2945.jpg

I have hardly had one of these out my hand all weekend and i think i have personally found the most comfortable knife i have used to date !
comments and criticism welcome .

Last edited:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
got it now mate, interesting style of knife, i can see it would be a great cutter. ive often wondered what the idea behind humback spines are though.
I often thought that as well Josh before i tried one , personally it just seems to be so natural to hold .

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
They look great. Is it just my imagination or is there some Canadian belt knife influencing the design? It's hard to tell from the photo but they look like they have a very low angle convex rather than a full scandi, is that correct?

The only thing I can see that might be a problem for me is the abrupt angle of the handle at the top where it meets the blade, it seems it may drag on the sheath or catch on the edge of the leather when putting it away. I think I would want it beveled there a bit. Overall you have a real winner. Mac

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
They look great. Is it just my imagination or is there some Canadian belt knife influencing the design? It's hard to tell from the photo but they look like they have a very low angle convex rather than a full scandi, is that correct?

The only thing I can see that might be a problem for me is the abrupt angle of the handle at the top where it meets the blade, it seems it may drag on the sheath or catch on the edge of the leather when putting it away. I think I would want it beveled there a bit. Overall you have a real winner. Mac

Hi mac it is a full scandi just my bad photography again buddy.i see what u meen about the handle top but it fine to sheath and the thumb sits there .

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i can see some devil bushcrafter in there, but with different erganomics, but the blade looks sort of like it.
looks very comfortable mate.
what do you think of the ramp?
i can't seem to get on with them, maybe because i love the chest lever grip, and use that all the time, rather than the more traditional cut, where i found the ramp great for that, if that makes sense, but very rarley cut anything with that cut.

Last edited:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i can see some devil bushcrafter in there, but with different erganomics, but the blade looks sort of like it.
i can't seem to get on with them, maybe because i love the chest lever grip, and use that all the time, rather than the more traditional cut, where i found the ramp great for that, if that makes sense, but very rarley cut anything with that cut.
Hi buddy just tried it and does the chest lever no probs ,still comfortable! yep when i finished it i thought of the Deval as well and maybe even some spydies but when i looked at them i think the thumb ramp is the only thing in common .

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
yeh its the thumb ramp that makes the slight resemblance mate, and i can see some of the spyderco bushcraft in your ergonomics, looks bloody great mate, the more you look at it, the more it grows on ya.

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Your knives look amazing Gill, you,ve ticked all my boxes. Coming up for a test drive, I see a good combination for a utility knife.

phil

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

Devil? Devil?!!!!!

The ramp will actually help with a chest lever as the knife will sit deeper in the palm and create a firmer and more secure grip. Well it does on the DEVAL bushcrafter as the handle and forward part of the slab contours also come into and were designed for it. You can also choke up for a chest lever with these features, and this has enormous benefits for doing really controlled and more powerful cuts.

Great looking knife Gill, some bold ergonomics in that handle. Good to see that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE