My new woods roaming partner, a knife by Bryan Breeden (pic Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I did manage to get out with it for a bit this evening and made a large figure four trap trigger. Sorry for the minimal amount of pics but I was just trying to do something quick while I felt like it and I made the mistake of heading into the woods out back bare footed and no shirt and the mosquitoes almost drained me. Then I tried relocating to the yard (can you tell we need some rain) and they followed so I only got a few pictures between all the swatting, I'll try again tomorrow or so to get better pictures of it with the upper arm trimmed down and with a dead fall or box trap or something. This limb was barely enough weight to hold the trigger together.

The knife worked great for carving the notches.

IMG_4078modified.jpg

IMG_4088modified.jpg

IMG_4079modified.jpg

Bryan Breeden

Jun 28, 2009
Fairbury, Ne. USA
Mistwalker, I like your woods roaming partner or should I say partners LOL
Great looking knives.

I have made the figure 4 set up a couple of times, just to make them, but boy did I have a heck of a time getting it all to stay set up. I really like the trappers widget set up. it is really easy to set up and seems to be a pretty good trap. Some call it the spilt stick type set up. but I do not split the stick. I just put a notch in the end of a couple of sticks and then make up the bait stick with a notch in it. Here is a pic of my woods roaming 2 knife set up.

101_1668.jpg

In this pic I have the sheath turned over and the smaller knife in the pocket showing how I carry it on the same sheath.

101_1669.jpg

Here is a dead fall trap set( the Trappers Widget) up I made a few weeks back to show my nephew how it is done.

101_1667.jpg

In this pic I am using my bigger knife to cut the notch out of the bait stick

101_1705.jpg

I use my knife to split up wood to by battoning. That is so fun to do I think LOL

101_1617.jpg

In this pic I was not being very careful and cut myself LOL When I was making up somebody's knife ( I will not say who but it starts with a M LOL) I hate it when I do that LOL.
101_1696.jpg

That little spider that came to see what you were doing, that was a cute pic LOL

Very cool thread and great pics too.

Bryan

Bryan Breeden

Jun 28, 2009
Fairbury, Ne. USA
Hi all,

Well mistwalker, as to the smaller knife that is in the works LOL. Thanks about the dead fall trap set up. I noticed that I posted a pic of the bait stick for a piute dead fall set up instead for the trappers widget one I posted. I thought I had the pics for all trap set ups but I did not find it. well anyways.

Bravo4 Thank you for the greetings LOL and thanks for post up my web site there too.
I need to add some more info on some new knife designs that I have. but just have not got to it yet. thanks for the kind words on the dead fall trap set up too.

Take care all,

Bryan

Hi all,

Well mistwalker, as to the smaller knife that is in the works LOL.

Cool, I can't wait to give it a go.

By the way folks...the picture with the cut hand is not Bryan bragging....I have put patinas on three Breeden knifes now. Not really ready to show number three, and considering the nature of the third design and it being concieved as a purely tactical design....and after the post of mister IJ55 I'm not sure I should here. Anyway..having put the patinas on these three I can tell you that the entire time I was accutely aware that a slip in application and particularly during clean up could easily mean the loss of a good bit of flesh and blood. I have never in my life bought, recieved, borrowed or even seen for that matter, a knife that was sharper, and I have messed with a lot of knives in my days on this earth.

Oh come on lets see number 3 LOL. Even if it is tactical looking. It still makes a good woods knife. As you well know LOL.

Bryan

Well...I had a brief moment of being able to post new posts and posted pictures of it in the firecrafting section titled "fire under some very wet conditions" I can't post any new threads though so I'm thinking I must have gotten in some sort of trouble I don't know about. I tried to post a thread from todays hike in the out and about and it tells me that either I am not logged in or that the administrator has disabled my account......

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
... I can't post any new threads though so I'm thinking I must have gotten in some sort of trouble I don't know about.....

Nah.

On BCUK they stab you in the front not from behind. (See BGAdvocates recent and brief membership.)

I used to get the not logged in message a lot but it resolved itself after a while. You could try logging out deleting cookies history etc . and then logging in again.

PM Tony if it won't go away.

What would we do without you Mistwalker? You are the most prolific poster from across the pond. The rest of these North Americans talk a lot about bushcraft but they seldom post pictures.

As they say seeing is believing;)

:beerchug:

Ash

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Well...I had a brief moment of being able to post new posts and posted pictures of it in the firecrafting section titled "fire under some very wet conditions" I can't post any new threads though so I'm thinking I must have gotten in some sort of trouble I don't know about. I tried to post a thread from todays hike in the out and about and it tells me that either I am not logged in or that the administrator has disabled my account......

If you can post this your account can't be disabled, or you'd not be able to post,I can't see any reason that you'd not be able to start a thread if you can put a post up. I'll have a look though.

BOD...bit of a general statement mate :naughty:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've had a look and can't see any reason that you can't start threads, have another go when you're on next, if there's still a problem PM me and Lithril so one of us can have another look. ;-)

Nah.

What would we do without you Mistwalker? You are the most prolific poster from across the pond.
:beerchug:

Ash

See exactly...lol, I thought maybe I was getting on someone's nreves.

Actually I didn't think I'd been stabbed in the back...while I was gone I couldn't access my email for a few days and when I did I just deleted a bunch of stuff. I didn't think I had deleted anything important but..... then this started. It is getting better, it let me post a new post today, and this time when I hit the reply button it let me just reply, lol, it just started me at the bottom of the page and I had to scroll up to the text window, which is no big deal. But it still looks odd. The following is the picture I have on the screen. Tells me to log in on the left....but on the right says I am logged in....because I did log in on the left.

IMG_4372.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE