my new thumbstick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hiya :)

inspired by Andy T showing me his superb work at the last North Wood meet, i had a wander before we packed up to find something suitable.

the piece of hazel i eventually coppiced fitted the bill, it stands 58" by 1.1/4".

i wanted to create a bit of a woodland theme and used only natural materials, the stone inlay is called rainforest jasper, it has some wonderfull qualities and properties, i wont try to brainwash you! :) if your interested just google it.

well here it is hope you like it :)...

woodspiritthumbstickstaffcarving021.jpg

woodspiritthumbstickstaffcarving017.jpg

woodspiritthumbstickstaffcarving029.jpg

woodspiritthumbstickstaffcarving026.jpg

woodspiritthumbstickstaffcarving037.jpg

woodspiritthumbstickstaffcarving024.jpg

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
very nice steve, i especially like the acorns on the top, very good work as always

stuart

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
as always steve a lovely piece of work gonna try an get down to your place soon regards dave:thankyou:

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Well i've been called a few things in my life but never inspirational before...............great work Steve, a lovely stick and some great detail.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
That's a great looking stick.

thanks, hope my son appreciates it too :)

Great job steve, looks the real deal!!!!love the stone inlay too!!

hi matt, i thought the properties of the stone summed it up really

as always steve a lovely piece of work gonna try an get down to your place soon regards dave:thankyou:

been a while dave, be good to see you again :)

Stunning work, your finish is suberb!

cheers jjj, glad you like it, thanks for your comment

Well i've been called a few things in my life but never inspirational before...............great work Steve, a lovely stick and some great detail.

well if the hat fits... and thanks mate, ive a way to go to match your detail, have to try that celtic stuff!

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
what properties does the stone have Steve? interested now you've said!

hiya Matt, the supposed properties are part of a much wider belief, and as such i dont want to fall foul of the mods for discussing it here. if you really want to know more theres plenty on the web, and i like the pattern anyway! very bushy. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE