My new suspension for keeping wood

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Seeing the fact the parents were getting a bit cranky about the wood getting to be everywhere I had to come up with a solution and, I succeeded to do so with only minor objections from the parents, mission success!!

DSC06007.jpg

I can hang pieces from 2.5 meter to about 70 cm now, the only objection I still received was that it was still visible through the window, yet it was only a minor remark, so will probably leave it this way.
I made two belt suspended them each by two large nails or screws from the ceiling studs, then added a small leash in the center stud to accommodate small pieces

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Oh yes that would be one hell of a deadfalltrap ^^, and yes its a future carving stash. and I picked up the guide for making these belt like rope structures on youtube under a maker name called TIAT, he's an author of a series of books about knots, really usefull and clear guides, TIAT stands for Tying it all together, and the music behind his videos is also very relaxing ^^
thanks for the comments guys

Yours sincerely Ruud

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I like it!
Much prettier than the scraps of rpe I hand my poles up with :)
Everyone who visits my garage remarks on the amount of wood I store - usually because they hit thier heads on it - I am short so the wood missed my head but anyone over about 5'6" gets bruises!

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Well Mace, not really they were like "hmm very well that will be okay, but dont expect us to be jolly about it" So I laugh really hard and considered the shed to be my new storage place ^^.
And I hope to have my future garage as full of wood as your John ^^
Thanks for commenting guys
Yours sincerely Ruud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE