My New Singer 201k Sewing Machine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...i thought this deserved a separate thread in itself in case anyone wishes to refer to it should they decide to follow suit in the future....and theres quite a few pics too to act as a visual guide....i've not so much as even wiped the machine down, this is exactly how i received it. it cost £195 and is what would be described as 'near mint'...also having the original motor, foot pedal, plug, booklets, oil and accessories etc....the case is also rather clean to say the least....its from 1954.

again thankyou to everyone for their help, especially Sir Mac who has already spent a good half hour on the phone to me on top of all the pm's...he seems even more excited than me lol! there is a whole ton of knowlege and information i need to learn before i'm comfortable with it and i've been assured by everyone that even though i should never have any problems with this ''rolls royce'' there are many resources out there should i need them.

and i've just today bought another one and am driving to collect it in half an hour lol!

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Lovely machine, looks in great nick. :)

Oil her up before every session and she'll purr for many more years.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Hi, Sonni;

I've got one of these and I love it (actually, I have two but one s missing a tensioning device). it can sew pretty thick leather and I've had it go through 6 layers of 20oz canvas! Try doing that on a modern machine...

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nice!

I bought my wife a hand cranked singer in April, good nic too and it uses the old thimbles. Nice decorative patterns and functions well. Any idea what it is without a pic? Its at the mother in laws atm..

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Samon, search for singer serial numbers, you can check model and age there, its something like ismaccs site :) Theres a link on angsts previous thread about 'just want to buy THE WIFE a sewing machine'..... :D

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
LOL!.....i bought another one today for Mrs Angst....a 1947 model.....its fairly lovely too....pics tomorrow! i've just been playing with them....they are wondrous! i'll start actually getting to grips with them over the next few days and working out needles/thread/threading and so on....may be a few days before i actually try them out seriously.....i'm blown away by how they run....from slow to full blast....they really are amazing things....i feel a bit stumped and in awe and only capable of gingerly fiddling with them....sad i know!:cool:

next i'm getting a hand-cranked one....

s

Hahaha loving the way it's changed from 'a sewing machine for mrs angst' to 'my new machine!!!!' ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE