My new Main user (pic heavy) Thanks to FGYT

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikey.elefant

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
israel
I owe my thanks to Josh (Siberianfury) and to Duncan of Dorset Knives who have brought my attention to this knife and an opportunity to do a little project that ive been wanting to do for a while.

Here is the knife.
IMG_0621.jpg

Blade by Duncan, 3.6 thick beautiful 25 degree grind and raw finish. handle made of walnut with white liners brass bolts and lanyard tube.handled by myself.
IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

In the sheath
Sheath, Veg tanned stained to dark brown, hand stiched by myself.
IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

All in all i had a great time doing this and it is my first woody style knife, it looks and feels amazing in the hand and the edge has already done some very good work on food prep and some wood tasks.

Thank you all for all the information you have kindly shared,its been a long project and there are many imperfections but satisfaction is great and i guess nothing is perfect.

Mikey

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
nice one mate, they are just brilliant knives to use, i have beat my first one to hell and back and its still perfect, no chipping whatsoever after god knows how many tasks. ive just come back from Duncans where we (when I say we, I mean mostly him, as his grinder is terrifyingly fast) made another one very similar to that one but in stab curly birch. the man has some serious skill. i hope you enjoy using it.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE