My New Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Made these today,

D2 and Tufnol
My Take on a Finish Pukko Full tang in 01 with Nickle silver pins and Cocobolo, welded on pommel.
A little Enzo Blade from Dennis clothed in She Oak

24052009055.jpg

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Hi barney you've been busy i love the two bottom knifes especially the middle one that's very impressive not to stuck on the top one thou it looks a little broad for me probably because Ive only got small hands :(

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Thanks for kind words

Hi barney you've been busy i love the two bottom knifes especially the middle one that's very impressive not to stuck on the top one thou it looks a little broad for me probably because Ive only got small hands :(

The top one only has very thin scales Stanley. It grows on you when you handle it. A right beater.:)

the bottom one would make a lovely carver

Is it for sale ????
Unfortunately not Steve, its not good enough to give away mate. I did round off the spine for carving though.

Good work Barney
I think for the bottom one the handle is too long

Thanks for the constructive comments Alf, the length of the handle is the least of its problems. The bolster was thin and then I tried to be clever and blend the wood into it with a taper. That went odd shaped so then I tried to taper the already thin bolster. Its ended up a really thin acute angle up to a Deers foot pommel. I think its crap. It does feel OK in the hand but the finish is poor as I broke through the rad on the brass. Still, I learned a lot.:)

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Thanks for the constructive comments Alf, the length of the handle is the least of its problems. The bolster was thin and then I tried to be clever and blend the wood into it with a taper. That went odd shaped so then I tried to taper the already thin bolster. Its ended up a really thin acute angle up to a Deers foot pommel. I think its crap. It does feel OK in the hand but the finish is poor as I broke through the rad on the brass. Still, I learned a lot.:)

Barney
Looking at it I think (more pictures would help) if you boil it and dismantle it, with an new bolster/front piece and take a bit off the front of the wood you possible salvage that handle. How thick is the handle?
The lines are good.

More impoprtant is how it feels in the hand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE