My new knife

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I was very kindly invited, to learn how to make a knife with Singeblister a while ago, so went up for my birthday.
It was designed there and then after a breif chat, and modified as we went along.

The blade is 3mm thick with a deep bevel cause I wanted strength but also the ability to food prep and carve easyer than with other types of bushy knives.
It was Heat treated and Tempered, and decided to some of the finish to contrast with the shiny bevel.

The Handle is Yew and was cut during a tree job 5 years ago and seasoned in my shed since. We wanted to be able to see the sap wood and the heart wood as well as some knot work, and im rearly pleased with the look.
The pins either end, we decided to rivet over by hand to hold it together in a traditional way.

Im very pleased with it and it rearly feels like my knife, it fits my hand just right. Singe did most of the work and what bits I did do was under his guidence, as I only had one shot at it cause of time ect. Grinding bevels by hand takes a lot of practice. I used to be an eng machinist years ago working to tight tolerances, but this was harder, a lot like bench fitting.

Cheers Addo. :)

It was a good day Addo i enjoyed it , most folks that pay me a visit and dare to try the grinder usually do much worse than you did , you did a good job and ended up with a nice knife you can be proud of :) and he even had a face in the Yew , ( one of the reasons i love yew so much you can sometimes see faces in the wood )

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers guys. got me right arm in a sling after an op on the shoulder yesterday so cant use it.:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE