My new knife!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Ordered this the other day as I wanted one to have a play with and maybe mod. I didn't know what to expect, but I thought it looked nice and we all know they make good knvies! :)

DSCF4269_zpsf68ac119.jpg

DSCF4271_zpsa3818a5a.jpg

DSCF4274_zps03010384.jpg

DSCF4280_zps3c097cc9.jpg

It came razor sharp too which is good, and after playing with it for 2 hours or so in my badger proof fortess (garden shed), I can also say it performs and cuts like a champ! Very light weight too, so good for the ultralight crew!

For £15 I'm pleased with this Mora classic #2 and it'll make for a great bit of modding! now all I need is a few ideas.. :rolleyes: thinking of sanding the handle so it's ropugher/gripper, grinding the shoulders of the front and back so it's comfier, fitting a brass pommel as I have brass sheet left over and maybe carving the handle with griooves for more grip and some decoration, the burn and oil it for a darker colour!

It'll need a proper sheath too, the one it comes with is more like a plastic holder when it's in storage..

You dudes got any modded classics?? or any ideas?? ;)

Thanks for looking! :eek:

Last edited:

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
If I remember correctly its Codie Lundins knife of choice?!
I've got the clipper and I use it everyday for battening kindling for the fire. Bit of a strop now and again and it's good to go.
Makes a good neck knife if that's ya thing d

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Those boys are the ones I tend to use as a basis for most of my knives.
I replace the handle with a 2 part rebated handle and forge the tang into an eye and pin or rivet through the eye.
Here are a couple I made earlier...
Stacked
DSCF4091-2.jpg

rebated
DSCF4090-3.jpg

Biker

Hey NICE knife Samon. I have fond memories of that knife for reason I'll explain below. Hopefully the link will give you some ideas for making a worthy sheath for it.

When I first discovered these internet forums I joined up at British Blades not being aware of BCUK at the time. So one of the first things I joined in was on a group swap around thing called a Sheath in a hat. Basically anyone who wants to can join in, each makes a sheath to fit a specific knife then all names are put into a hat, drawn out and each participant sends his sheath off the the lucky chap. I didn't have one of those Mora at the time to pattern mine after so nabbed one off the Internet and set about making my sheath.

Here's the page of the thread showing some of the final results at BB Mora #1 Sheath Thread

The participants really went to town on some of the designs and this was my first proper attempt at leatherwork, so it had a special memory for me. I eventually received the sheath in posting 121 and it's lovely.

Hope you share the pictures of the sheath once it's done too.

Later fella.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I've got one of the plain handled versions, and it was my main bushcraft knife for two years. Didn't let me down. I like it as a knife.

Do they do them in non red? sounds nice!

If I remember correctly its Codie Lundins knife of choice?!
I've got the clipper and I use it everyday for battening kindling for the fire. Bit of a strop now and again and it's good to go.
Makes a good neck knife if that's ya thing d

yeah the guy from duel survival! I did notice he had one of the classic when it was on a few weeks back, he even prized frozen tongue out of a dead sheeps head with it! so clearly they're tough!

Hey NICE knife Samon. I have fond memories of that knife for reason I'll explain below. Hopefully the link will give you some ideas for making a worthy sheath for it.

When I first discovered these internet forums I joined up at British Blades not being aware of BCUK at the time. So one of the first things I joined in was on a group swap around thing called a Sheath in a hat. Basically anyone who wants to can join in, each makes a sheath to fit a specific knife then all names are put into a hat, drawn out and each participant sends his sheath off the the lucky chap. I didn't have one of those Mora at the time to pattern mine after so nabbed one off the Internet and set about making my sheath.

Here's the page of the thread showing some of the final results at BB Mora #1 Sheath Thread

The participants really went to town on some of the designs and this was my first proper attempt at leatherwork, so it had a special memory for me. I eventually received the sheath in posting 121 and it's lovely.

Hope you share the pictures of the sheath once it's done too.

Later fella.

Wow, those are nice! the one you got is really cool, lucky lot!

Nice rehandles there John, they looks tidy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE