My new hammock - WBRR

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Yere 'tis !!! Just set up in my Woody Bit ...

IMAG2210.jpgIMAG2211.jpgIMAG2212.jpg

It's real easy-peasy to set up, takes even me about 3 minutes, 5 if i get fussy! Not got to the Spindrift yet as that means taking the suspension to pieces to install it, which looks seriously difficult ... like another 5 mins at a slow crawl :D. Mozzie net seems fine. I would like a Bishop-bag, if anyone has one, or else I'll butcher the end of a stuff sack.

I've sat and lain in it 4 times, it does get easier and less scary with practice! Definitely a tippy-feeling but very comfy once you're in. Not sure yet what will be the easiest way to manage the sleeping bag, will try later; I'm a bit unconvinced (as yet) about "wriggling" in the hammock as I'm leary o' heights and 18" off the ground might as well be Everest to me :rolleyes:.

All in all, very pleased with the new setup. It's light-weight too and packs small - for what that's worth as I use hammocks when I base-camping rather than when I'm walking so weight/size not really a factor as I'm only carrying it from car to camp.

This means there will shortly be a DD Travel hammock (used 4 times), with snakeskin, up for sale when I come back from Dartmoor ...

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
What? A kit thread with no comments?! Unheard of.

You have that sited in a beautiful spot. It is really comfortable too. Glad you are pleased with it.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Great job Elen, I suppose you wont need any help at Sussex then.:lmao: Seriously though, if you find it a problem getting into the sleeping bag, just get into the bag first, then get into the hammock. Beautiful garden btw.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE