My new friction folder, with a bottle opener

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I have been making a new friction folder recently, in fact I just finished it today. This one has a bottle opener on the tang, and a very sharp flat grind blade.

I thought you'd interested to see all the bits that make up the knife:

DSCF5454.jpg

What you can't see in the picture are the steel liners glued to the back of the scales.

DSCF5460.jpg

What you can see on this one though, are the grubby marks left on despite trying to avoid them!

DSCF5462.jpg

On this one, you can see the bottle opener a bit better.

DSCF5458.jpg

The scales are quilted Mahogany. Sadly, I've only just enough left now to make another set of scales... The liners are mild steel, all the pins and washers are brass. Everything is hand made, even the washers!

The overall, open, length is 6 1/4" (158mm) . Closed 5" (128mm) The cutting edge is 2 3/8" (60mm)

Enjoy!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Thanks. I don't see why not, it's quite possible, I have just started another folder at the moment, with a scandi grind, the shape of the blade, well the whole knife, being more orientated to whittling and wood carving.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE