My new firesteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I know some members on here also hang around on British Blades (and rightly so for it is a fine forum) but for those who don't frequent BB there was a recent post showing some rather nice firesteels that a member had forged.
A quick PM and a few days later i was holding a rather nice viking style steel in my grubby little paw's.

Woodlore firesteel on the left and one of Jason_01's viking style steels on the right.
414_1427_1.jpg

Jason asked me to see how his compared to the woodlore ,well it was a very short test because the char cloth caught first strike and it doesn't get much better than that :Crazy_071
rb

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Very nice. Jason did some work for me before and I couldn't have been more pleased with the result. Top bloke IMO.

Bill

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
wentworth said:
Wow, thats beautiful! have to have one!
Can i ask if the BB member is taking orders? cost etc?

As it's in response to a direct question, this doesnt constitute an advert....

He is and they're £15 each. You can see the two I got from him in this article...

http://www.britishblades.com/home/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=39

and here...
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7627
is where he discusses making them. You can ask him for variants if you like, as they're a "made to measure" item.

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
Thanks for all the kind words about my humble work guys!

Its only because of the exceptional forge work Ive seen on BB that I wanted to try and and make em! Great communities weve got here in BB and BCUK.

Cheers

Jason

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Another steel from Jason arrived today :eek:):

414_1473_1.jpg

Bit smaller this time (again shown against the Woodlore for comparison) and this one throws more sparks than i ever imagined could come from a steel.
Really top kit and a great guy to deal with :biggthump

rb

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE