My new Firebox

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
Found this at a supermarket out in Germany. Been looking for a collapsible fire box for a while. This one seems just what I was looking for.

IMG_5252.jpg
[/IMG]

It weighs in at 2.5kg so will be mainly used for canoe trips(as it weighs more than my tipi :eek: )

I made a ditty for it to keep the soot in one place. Also in the pic is a pair of awesome fire gloves from lidl for 5 euros :D Big thanks to Scoutmaster for giving me the heads up on them :You_Rock_

IMG_5256.jpg
[/IMG]

And an action shot :lmao:

IMG_5225.jpg
[/IMG]

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
British Red said:
Yarrow,

Thats a lovely box! Do you mind me asking how much it was?

Red
Would you believe it was €15 :D and they have still got loads left cos I went back and bought another one for myself plus one for Scoutmaster. One good turn deserves another :cool:

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
woodwalker said:
is the shoe in bottom picture homemade?

Yeah they are. Although they are a blatant copy of a pair of slippers my Mum bought me for Christmas last year which sadly fell apart after a few days. Bad workmanship I tell you! The leather is from Le Prevo and the rubber sole I salvaged from the old pair. The old pair are now a template.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
yarrow said:
Found this at a supermarket out in Germany. Been looking for a collapsible fire box for a while. This one seems just what I was looking for.

IMG_5252.jpg
[/IMG]

It weighs in at 2.5kg so will be mainly used for canoe trips(as it weighs more than my tipi :eek: )

I made a ditty for it to keep the soot in one place. Also in the pic is a pair of awesome fire gloves from lidl for 5 euros :D Big thanks to Scoutmaster for giving me the heads up on them :You_Rock_

IMG_5256.jpg
[/IMG]

And an action shot :lmao:

IMG_5225.jpg
[/IMG]
Fantastic fire box. My one just fell apart last week. Is there any chance of these being available in the UK?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
yarrow said:
Would you believe it was €15 :D and they have still got loads left cos I went back and bought another one for myself plus one for Scoutmaster. One good turn deserves another :cool:
BARGAIN!

If you are ever coming to the UK, I'll have half a dozen please!

Red

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I'd certainly be interested in buying one if there's some way to get them in the country....it'd go great in my Native American tipi :)

Somebody let me know if we can get them over here please :)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
If we knew which supermarket chain it was that would be a start. If it was something like Aldi we could e-mail them I know many of there specials are country selective if we showed an interest they might import them over here.
Dave.

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
fred gordon said:
Fantastic fire box. My one just fell apart last week. Is there any chance of these being available in the UK?

O.k a bit of info on this here fire box, its called a Fackelmann Easy Grill. I got it on special offer for 15€ :D It usualy retails at 24.99€ :D :D The company Fackelmann have a web site http://www.fackelmann.de/deutsch/startseite/startseite_wein/startseite.asp

I have also looked on the box and found sales@probusmayfair.co.uk. Now I would love nothing better than to run back to the shop I bought these and buy up the rest (about 10 to 12 by my reckoning) but the postage on these babys through the German post would I am guessing make em pretty darn dear (2.5kg is quite heffty) So I include all this info incase some enterprising bushcrafter out there fancys contacting the u.k company and seeing what kind of deals they could do for a group buy perhaps. The deal I got was from the supermarket chain Markt Kauf.

I must also add that I have absolutely no affiliation with the above mentiond company and only post this thread to help out like minded souls who have a penchant for fire boxes :D

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
I've done a search of the Probusmayfair site and they don't list the fireboxes just household kitchenwares but I would have to assume thats to do with it being a seasonal product. rather than a perminant one.
Dave.

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
they do look like a great find, i've been after a folding firebox for a while but i haven't seen anything like it for that sort of price, i imagine even with shipping it would still work out a good deal, i'm going to do a search but if anyone manages to find them available to the uk then let us know :D

Mar 3, 2006
Scotland.
Here are some more pics of the coveted fire box in action.
With less than two weeks to go before our canoe trip in East Germany I couldn't
resist testing it out in our Tipi .

P1010095.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010089.jpg

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
This is very unfair to those of us who don't have one, but would like one. Have some sympathy! Just come back from a canoe trip myself so I hope yours is a great success.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE