My new favourite chicken dish.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Not actually tried this in the bush yet but I'm eating it now at home and it's really nice. Here's what I will be doing to cook it on the trail for one:

(At home) Cube a chicken breast. Make a marinade with soy sauce, honey, vinegar and whatever spices you want and put it in a watertight tub with the chicken. Leave in your pack while you get to wherever you are going.

(In the bush) Cook up some rice, when the water has just disappeared add in the chicken (discarding any excess marinade), cover and cook over a low heat for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.

Simple, easy and delicious :)

Asa.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Sounds nice :)

No idea whjy but i never think of taking rice with me when out and about :confused:
Probably because i am useless at cooking it......

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Sounds nice :)

No idea whjy but i never think of taking rice with me when out and about :confused:
Probably because i am useless at cooking it......

It's easy, just put rice and cold water in a pan (1 part rice to every 2 parts water) bring it up to boil then simmer over a low heat till the water is gone.

Why throw away the marinade? Put less water with the rice and add the juice.

That's a very good point! Should add extra flavour to the rice too.

F

fiskman6666

Hi everyone ,,a new face but my idea of a nice way to do chicken al fresco so to speak is to spatchcock it and marinade in lemon juice and olive oil , cook a la ray mears way with fish on the fire ,,wonderful.
Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE