my new design FIELD AND FOREST scandi, and another modle.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
hi all i have finally made my first scandi, i have to say to date that that i have made that many knives this scandie grind i have found the hardest to achieve free hand but i did it, i ant start to tell you how proud of this design i am i really needed a knife like this which i have called the FEILD and FORREST i sat down with a piece of paper and sketched and sketched, as this type of knife has to be one of the most made and i wanted to give my own take on it.
a little about the knife i made this knife a little bit bigger than most bush craft knives as i feel as tho a lot of these type knives are lacking when it comes to length when battening wood, so made this 4 and a 1/4 inch long, that little extra really helps imho. i also spent the most time designing the handle as to really make this my own and to not follow the norm this was important to me, so instead of the scoop out at the back i canted this section giving the same comfort, and i also took a little away where the palm swells.
home made mosaic pins.
this one is made out of 3mm 01 i have quite a few of these to make, and the rest will be 4mm 01 and d2.
i hope you like it, i have made a quick sheath for this, but as i make them i will update the thread.

Field and forrest by lucky_lee, on Flickr

this is a new model, if any one asks this one is sold sorry. its called the NIGHT CREEPER this is made of D2 and g10 and flared stainless steel tubes.
Night creeper by lucky_lee, on Flickr
i also have a camp knife that i have just completed and will post that up soon.
hope you are all well
take care.
lee.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Moe pictures please, don't be holding out on us now ;-)
Look stunning do far. Reminds me of reds knife.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Moe pictures please, don't be holding out on us now ;-)
Look stunning do far. Reminds me of reds knife.
Thanks mate I have a few more pics on my flickr album if the click the link and you can see it on my YouTube channel mate, I'm very humbled by the response to this knife to be honest take care. Lee.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Love that Field and forest blade mate, lovely design.
And even though I am one of the younger ones on this forum I am not much for the techy stuff but can see the appeal of your Night creeper.
Lovely stuff as always Lee.

Yours sincerely Ruud

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE