My mouse on my laptop wont move

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I have a laptop on windows 8 but when i start it up the mouse pointer wont move:(:(
ive restarted by closing the lid but always the pointer wont move.ive managed to start task manager but nothing is running.any advice or a guide to a fix?

thanks in advance

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
That sounds similar

Every so often, my mouse pointer just disappears and only a hot reboot will bring it back - I thought it was a Facebook thing for a while, but I'll be watching this thread with interest

Windows 8 and 8.1 must have seemed like a good idea to somebody, but goodness knows what mental state they were in at the time. I really don't know whether the reported Win10 upgrade will be worthwhile or if I should revert to Ubuntu and ignore microsoft everything!

Ogri the trog

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I have a laptop on windows 8 but when i start it up the mouse pointer wont move:(:(
ive restarted by closing the lid but always the pointer wont move.ive managed to start task manager but nothing is running.any advice or a guide to a fix?

thanks in advance

Cheese?

Sorry, to easy ;)

I've got no clue. Is it the touchpad mouse or an external one through a USB portal you use?

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
It has a FN key but press with which F key?
its the mouse on the laptop not a seperate one.the lapto is a toshiba satellite on W8.
ive just turned it back on and still no movement,wierd because its was fine yesterday

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE