My mini Tour de France

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not in the slightest bit bushcrafty but I thought I'd share some of my holiday snaps of our road trip round France.

First four days were spent with my bro and his kids on the west coast of Le Vendee.

You can see the enthusiasm on my face, I wanted to travel round the north west of Scotland in a tipee for a couple of weeks but swmbo won.
DSC01126.jpg

Lots of fossils on a beach we found
DSC01131.jpg

Leaving the brats behind we moved onto the Dordogne, loads of history and some pretty spectacular scenery exploring the mesolithic limestone dwellings. Certainly recommended for a visit.
DSC01134.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

A spot of canoeing down the Dordogne river.
DSC01185.jpg

DSC01190.jpg

Next was the Ardeche, our scheduled 3 day stop was cut short to 1 because it was far too busy and we/I couldn't be bothered battling the crowds. So we swiftly cracked on to Chamonix and the Alps. :)

I think I'm going to like this place ....
DSC01199.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

Much more my cup of tea, our campsite was in the trees to the right of the shot.
DSC01208.jpg

First day there I dragged our lass up to 2300 metres for a walk in the foothills of Monte Blanc :rolleyes:
DSC01211.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01220.jpg

Next day was our anniversary and I bought swmbo a paragliding trip for her pressy. A no lose situation I thought :cool:
DSC01235.jpg

She got the best views of the holiday no doubt
DSC01240.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

Chamonix was stunning and somewhere I'll be visiting again, might have to learn how to ski one day.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
Great set of photos Shewie the Chamonix ones brought back some fond memories the paragliding one with Mont Blanc in the background especially as it shows the route I took when I went up Mont Blanc. The route followed more or less the skyline on the left taking in
Mont Blanc du Tacul ) ,Mont Maudit and then onto Mont Blanc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE