My Micro wood burning hobo stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ape_Ogre

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2010
Southport, UK
Aluminium melting point is 660.37°C, I design temperature equipment and would never use even a high grade aluminium above 550°C.

However the temperature of a campfire... I quote t'internet...

"If you have a well made campfire burning dry hard wood, you can easily melt aluminum at ~ 660 C, you can get iron orange hot ~ 1000 C and melt glass bottles (the bottles soften and collapse, but not so hot that the glass is flowing like water)."

"I have come across several sources that state that a camp fire ranges roughly from 900 to a little under 1100°C. I guess it depends on your fire's geometrical configuration (heat concentration, conservation, etc.) Also, a cigarette, at the tip, burns at roughly 900°C."

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
That ally is going to anneal very quickly, buckle and drop the pot of water. Be careful dude.

The flames from wood reach well over 1000c. 1200-1400 in tests on hobo's.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I like it but agree with the other lads about it going soft eventually, if it was a pot containing water then it can stay on the fire all day long. Without the water to conduct heat away it's destined to fail.

The same idea last longer with a tin can but still doesn't last very long before it collapses. The ones with the rolled rims last a bit longer though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE