My Layered Clipper Sheath

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
After making the Scout knife sheath the other day, I decided to knock up something similar to carry my clipper when off canoeing;

The knife looks a bit knaff in the sheath if I'm honest, with it's blue plastic bits. The green clipper would have looked much better, but the stainless clippers come with blue bits!-actually this is the Clas Olsen Clipper, exactly the same as the standard clipper apart from the brighter blue bits:rolleyes:.
P2080061copy2.jpg

P2080058copy5.jpg

I couldn't quite decide how I wanted to carry the sheath, but decided against a drop loop system and just went with a two position belt loop arrangement
P2080063copy4.jpg

I'm quite getting into this type of construction, its a refreshing change from pouch sheaths:)

took a little while to do but I'm happy enough with the final result.

thanks for looking

Steve

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
many thanks for the kind comments:)

On the awl work; I did cheat a bit with this one, just marking everything up then doing the holes on the "bottom" two layers and "top" three as separate components, after marking out with the over stitch wheel.Almost everything lined up nicely for the stitching although, annoyingly, I went off on the easiest bit:rolleyes:

I had to figure out an easier way than the black pouch in my other thread, that was literally just a very sharp scratch awl + brute force and was a right buxxer!! definitely not recommended;)

I think to be honest, :surrender:the easy way to do it, (and it grieves me to say it) would have to be with a small drill in a dremel but I hate drilling leather and have never really got on with that method.

Then again, as long as you mark everything out properly and take your time with the diamond awl, the splitting into units works quite well.

I've not actually looked up a "proper" method for this technique, I think maybe I should check it out!:eek:

anyhow, thanks again:)

best wishes

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE