My latest;

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
This one's a gift for my mrs's handbag, it's amazing how often they come in handy and she seemed happy that I'd be putting in so much time and effort on a gift for her.

I've hardened this one but I'll not temper it, it's only short (that's my knee under it) and won't be seeing much abuse. I used my new linisher to get the bevel, it's not quite perfect - I've not quite got the hang of it yet.

P061208_194501-1.jpg

What do you think?

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
I think its nice.

I am not 100% sure but I think that it might be illegal to carry that on your person round town, worth checking up on.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
:eek: Well spotted guys, I had it in my head that you were generally ok as long as the blade was under three inches (the whole thing's only about 4") and / or you had a use for it.

I've often got a knife with me, usually a lock knife bucause I've had folders close on my knuckles, and I pray that if I was ever questioned about it they'd see I wasn't a looney and I've got the sense to use it as a tool, as opposed to a weapon. It's a sad state really when you need to worry about these things.

I'll still finish it though and give her it, but I'll explain to her that if she doesn't feel she could convince the police that she only wants it for opening packets, cutting bread rolls etc then she'd be better off leaving it at home :togo:

Thanks for the heads up guys.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
I like the look of it, well done, but for the wife's handbag ?, its a bit rough in Lincoln is it ? !.

lol, as with anywhere - depends where you go but to be honest some places round here you'd probably get crocodile dundee's response "that's not a knife ......."

Whereabouts are you woof?

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
Nice work!
Has a rather rough look imho, which certainly isn't bad, but would be too Rambo'ish for me I think ;)

Maybe use some leather on the handle to improve grip and temperature?

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
Nice work!
Has a rather rough look imho, which certainly isn't bad, but would be too Rambo'ish for me I think ;)

Maybe use some leather on the handle to improve grip and temperature?

lol, it's not finished yet, was thinking more like my usual mahogony.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
shame its 'ilegal' but i like it and im sure she will be too.
oh i do hate the UKs knife laws... i meen how hard can it be to stab somebody with a folder anyway? all you would have to do would be to keep downward pressure to stop it folding????
makes no sence to me

pete

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I like that a lot! Nice lines and looks very usable. I've been wanting to make a knife for my girlfriend, mind if I use yours as inspiration? :D

shame its 'ilegal' but i like it and im sure she will be too.
oh i do hate the UKs knife laws... i meen how hard can it be to stab somebody with a folder anyway? all you would have to do would be to keep downward pressure to stop it folding????
makes no sence to me

pete

I wouldn't say that too loudly, they might put all folders under the same umbrella as fixed bladed knives!

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
November rain

if its for your mrs I have some scales that are called pinkwood and have a pinkish tinge. You can have them if you want.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
I like that a lot! Nice lines and looks very usable. I've been wanting to make a knife for my girlfriend, mind if I use yours as inspiration? :D

I wouldn't say that too loudly, they might put all folders under the same umbrella as fixed bladed knives!

Honestly mate, I'd be honered :rolleyes:

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
November rain

if its for your mrs I have some scales that are called pinkwood and have a pinkish tinge. You can have them if you want.

:eek: she'd love that mate, can you pm me with price etc, I should be at roughclose at the weekend if you're going?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE