My latest toy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
d4e164c5-1304-8406.jpg
laurie hook knife from moonraker knives. Hair popping sharp and a bargain at £12.95 all in!

Cant wait to get a handle on it!

it's a Lauri Hook Blade (M5121) & it's a fair way down http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/knifeblades.htm

How long is the tang?
I looked for long 2.5mm twist drills but 95mm was the longest I've found, so I've marked the tang out on the block, transfered the centre line to the centre at both ends of the block & drilled the tang's hole carefully starting from each end using a drill press (a Dremel one but better then nothing)

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
it's a Lauri Hook Blade (M5121) & it's a fair way down http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/knifeblades.htm

How long is the tang?
I looked for long 2.5mm twist drills but 95mm was the longest I've found, so I've marked the tang out on the block, transfered the centre line to the centre at both ends of the block & drilled the tang's hole carefully starting from each end using a drill press (a Dremel one but better then nothing)

You have one then? Would love to see the finished article.

I dont have that blade, which is why I asked about the tang length, but I do have a puukko (carbon 95) & leuku (210), & the tang looks very similar to the puukko except that the hook knife has a square shoulder & have just assembled another puukko which is where I've done as I described.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Saw them at Knives UK still not sure what they are for

I cant see them hollowing very well as the blade is too wide and flat to turn up out
looks like a double edge hoof knife.

ATB

Duncan

Looks to me like the end will hollow ok and the flat will, well flatten, like a drawknife. But time will tell.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE