My latest home made Barrel Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I remember you previous post of a barrel knife, I believe you did a WIP over on BB at one time as well, they are still and will always be stunning knives :)

I have an original one but would love a "modern" one like yours as well.

I keep coming back to this thread just to look at them :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh wow they are very pretty, never used a barrel knife before but those fill me with longing to give it a go. Stunning work.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Smashing work, mate. I don't think I've seen anyone attempt a barrel knife before?

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Wow, Never even heard of a Barrel knife let alone seen one. Still trying to figure out how they work, but i think i got it..Push spring down. pull knife through barrel and fold or unfold depending, replace back into barrel..?

Ps, How did you attach the spring..hammered rivet?

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Those are great Corin

I remember you previous post of a barrel knife, I believe you did a WIP over on BB at one time as well, they are still and will always be stunning knives :)

I have an original one but would love a "modern" one like yours as well.

I keep coming back to this thread just to look at them :)

Look HERE

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Epic work mate! I love my barrel knife but rarely use it as it was my grandad's. Always been tempted to make one, this has inspired me to pull my thumb out and get on it in the new year. Thanks for posting!

Corin

Dec 21, 2011
Picton NSW Australia
Thanks for all the great comments guys, I am enjoying making these, the next one will be something even a bit more special. I have been working up to it and now have most of the materials I need and more than half an idea how i am going to achieve it. Stay tuned!!!

Really like that, wouldn't mind having one in my pocket- do you sell them? Cheers j

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No and no plans to either. I could not get what they are worth to me anyhow.

stunning, great to see barrel knives making a comeback

Don't know if my two constitutes a comeback, but if I finish the 3rd... Different story!

Oh wow they are very pretty, never used a barrel knife before but those fill me with longing to give it a go. Stunning work.

No time like the present! I am happy to help or advise if you need it!

Wow, Never even heard of a Barrel knife let alone seen one. Still trying to figure out how they work, but i think i got it..Push spring down. pull knife through barrel and fold or unfold depending, replace back into barrel..?

Ps, How did you attach the spring..hammered rivet?

Yes you have the mechanism worked out, and yes the pins are peaned or riveted onto the spring, thin filed more or less flat.

Epic work mate! I love my barrel knife but rarely use it as it was my grandad's. Always been tempted to make one, this has inspired me to pull my thumb out and get on it in the new year. Thanks for posting!

Please have a go at making one. Let me know if I can help and show me the pictures too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE