My Italian CFP pack - Large pack for $50

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Italian CFP Pack - Large Pack with extra day pack

Here is the write up on it from another site:

The San Remo is the Italian military's answer to US CFP-90 standards. It is an internal frame pack with a single main compartment with 4410 CI of capacity, an 896 CI capacity pocket on each side and a detachable 1014 CI patrol/day pack.
Total capacity is 6,320 CI. Main pack is about 30"x21"x7". Side pockets are 16"x7"X4". Patrol pack is 13"x13"x6". The one I have is an early version made from OD nylon that I bought for about $50.00. Newer models made from camo nylon are available now from most military surplus dealers for about $80.00 - $90.00.

The main bag has an expandable, draw-cord closure top. The lid has a zippered compartment that fits a GI issue poncho perfectly, and is accessible behind your head when wearing the pack. The top lid is secured with two straps with FasTex-type buckles. The two side pouches allow items such as skis, fishing rods, entrenching tool, etc., to be passed behind them and secured to the pack. The pack uses a heavy-duty flexible plastic frame sheet that slides into a pocket behind the upper back pad, and then locks onto the detachable hip belt with two web/buckle toggles. There are no stays in the pack. The padding on the hip belt is minimal; I added a belt pad to mine to make it more comfortable with loads over 40 pounds. The shoulder straps are not adjustable for torso length; the pack is made pretty much for someone with a 20" - 21" torso. The shoulder straps do have load lifter straps and thumb-loops. Padding is adequate. I added a sternum strap to make it a bit more comfortable. The detachable patrol pack has accessory straps on top, bottom and both sides and lightly padded shoulder straps. The top lid closes with a storm-flapped dual zipper.

When secured to the main pack, the patrol pack can be cinched down tight with an elastic band and D-rings on the main pack.
The patrol pack can also be configured to be used as a shoulder bag or a butt-pack, using the accessory straps in different combinations.

The pack is comfortable when care is taken in loading the pack, as is true with all internal frame packs. I can carry a four-man dome tent, sleeping bag and provisions for a two-nighter in the main bag, "survival" items, camp tools and food in the patrol pack and my sleeping pad slung underneath with a set of US "spaghetti straps" that hook nicely through the vent holes in the frame sheet. The side pockets will each hold two (2) one quart US military canteens or even better a big hydration bladder. There are web straps on the shoulder pads on the main bag that will adapt to hold a drinking tube.

Overall, it's been a great pack for $50.00, and if you have a torso length of about 20"-21" and are looking to carry about 45-50 pounds or less with a lot of external attachment points, this could be a great pack for you. Buy a $5.00 sternum strap and a $5.00 belt pad and this bag turns out pretty good.

Anyone own this pack? Impressions?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE