My Homemade Woodlore. Finished at last!

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Here's a pic of my homemade woodlore, made from flat ground 01 carbon steel stock, took a fare few hours and plenty of elbow grease. Using only hand tools. Oil hardened and tempered to straw colour then plenty of work on the stones, its now shave sharp, field tested and superb to use. Scales are leopard wood. Sheath homemade too. Its my second home made blade and can't wait to start my next one. After my thread on logo's I decided to just go with the owl without initials, thanks to those who gave me comments.

There are some previous threads with pics of the stages. see http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27260&highlight=homemade+woodlore

homemade_woodlore.jpg

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Very, very nice, you must be well pleased with yourself. Didn't see the thread about the logo but its a nice finishing touch.

P@ul

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Very nice work :). Leopard wood is one I've not come across before.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Very well done mate,I am proper impressed.Its a handsome looking knife,really like the owl logo too!

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Thanks all for your comments. Just in the middle of re-handling and making new sheath for my Frosts Mora (now 2nd backup knife) , will post pics when done.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
spoony said:
smashing work that, what did you use for the bevel?? just the file and w+d?

After the drilling, cut out shape with hacksaw. Then the bevels were done using files, then ever wet and dry, up to P600, then onto wetstones, various grades up to 6000 grit. Finished on home made strop.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
well done mate i am thinking of getting a kit from brisa and making a knife, i am not ready to make one from scratch but maybe one day
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE