My Hermes - your experience?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

My Hermes Parcel carrier - your experience?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I've only received 1 parcel through them, 3 days from dispatch so not bad considering our postcode. I have used Collect Plus quite a few times, no problems at all and it's very convienent to drop it off at our local fuel station when the PO is shut.

Hagrid

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2013
North Devon
I am waiting for them to collect a parcel(today) and deliver it to me, so we'll see!!! now 15th November, my hermes NEVER arrived to pick up the parcel so I went and collected it myself, my recommendation? don't touch em with a bargepole!!!

Last edited:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Not used Hermes so like others cant comment, but I do use Collect+ all the time, superb service, i sent a parcel to Edinburgh a few weeks back, i dropped it off at 11am on the Friday and it was delivered at 11:30 the next day, not the next working day, but the Saturday, all for £5.50 - can't go wrong, far more efficient and cheaper than the Post Office.

I use Hermes for our website as I found that RM were either unreliable or they charged too much!
I also find that all the drivers take pride in their work and are friendly because they are all self-employed. Get 25-75p per parcel delivered and signed for and the cost is directly deducted from them if they lose a parcel so they MAKE SURE it arrives

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I have sent over 15 items with them over the last few months and have also received some. Up to now I have found the service to be good, no damaged items or complaints if packaged well enough. I also like the fact that there is a trackable consignment number for every item and option signature on delivery. I also like the fact you can send a 2-5 kg package for a flat rate fee of £5.40.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
I have never tried Hermes so I have not voted.

Personally I use P4D as a brokers. They give good value for money, they are always on hand to sort out any issues and I have only ever had top class service from them. They use all the big names too like City Link and Parcel Farce to name a few.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I use them for most parcels now. Small/light parcels can sometimes be cheaper with royal mail, but heavier items are loads cheaper. Royal mail is usually a bit quicker but every item is trackable and they collect from my office or home so I don't have to go and queue in the post office.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
15 votes isnt really a representative sample. ive used them a lot and had one problem. If you dont get a signature drivers do have a tendency to drop the parcel wherever they can on the property. An exped syn mat i sold was shoved in a hedge but was eventually discovered :D

since ive been getting a signature ive had no problems on 10+ deliveries. I like that i can print it off, pack it and leave it in my porch for them to collect. No effort needed and it would cost me a couple of quid in petrol to go the post office on top of their extortionate prices

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Sent three items recently, no real problems. A bit slower than RM but reliable for me so far. One went to Orkney and took eight days which is too slow I reckon but it got there eventually.

Cheaper than RM for parcels over 1kg (RM is still cheaper for those under that mark) and I like the tracking facility. I also like the fact I can nip down to my local parcelshop, which is closer than the PO, at any time of day or evening to drop it off.

Three is hardly a representative sample but so far so good.

gjclayton

Forager
Sep 24, 2012
Bedfordshire
Has anyone sent knives or blades through myhermes?
I need a couple picked up from Cheshire and dropped in London.

Any info gratefully received.

GJC

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I wouldn't bother, mate. Last time I was sent something via Hermes, they lost it three times in a row and I ended up having to cancel the purchase because the supplier was out of stock. The WORST shipping company I've ver dealt with.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE