My first workshop ( picture Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Since I was the only crafting person to live in my family I never had tools or a place to accommodate them, and seeing the fact my sister left the house, and some people within my home were not to happy about my room being about 30% woodcurls and chips, the extra room we gained, was given to me, to make a workshop out of. yet no machines as grinders or belt sanders were allowed so, let me give you a tour.

DSC05954.jpg

My Tool wall in its entirety, then now the little hangers and stands i made for all my tools
DSC05958.jpg

DSC05961.jpg

My axe hanger, two simple pegs bolted onto the back of the board, two because else the handle will swing against my table and my chissel rack
DSC05962.jpg

My chisel rack, made from some Barked Basswood scraps, that people wanted to throw away, it looked really nice so I decided to make a nice chissel rack out of it, and not one as you will see ^^.
DSC05973.jpg

My rack for my gouges, and an icepick for those sharp enough to notice ^^
DSC05956.jpg

Then my Planer stand on top of the board, with a small hook sticking out from under it to accommodate some of my files and knives, also made from basswood and some Douglas-fir I had lying around
DSC05940.jpg

Then two hooks between which my Glueclamps hang nicely and on the end also my drawknife find itself a place.
And help me stop knocking over my Glue pot:
DSC05935.jpg

And finally my hammer claw, with an aditional file spot, if I lift and twist the hammer I can get the Hammer out without disturbing the file.
DSC05967.jpg

grey-array

So if someone has anything to say to improve this even further, please be welcomed to do so, let me know what you guys think, ps on the backboard of my chisel rack I found a nice place to accommodate my Thumbstick/rule too, all though it wasnt planned.

Yours sincerely Ruud

Last edited:

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
By the way the backboard of my Gouges, that also holds my hammerclaw, I made it from some mystery wood to me, does anyone have a clue what it could be?

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Thanks totumpole, and yes it really helps having a nice hanging system where everything is not laying, I dont know why but its so much more chaotic keeping your tools horizontally then vertically in my opinion.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Its true, the only things I can find are the things I hand from the sheds rafter beams - need to get a backboard like that, and some of those trays that go on it for bits and bobs

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Thanks everyone, ^^ And Outdoorpaddy, I usually keep my mora 137 in the gouges rack, my spoon knife on the end of the file hook and my Svante djarv K107 on the ledge of my gouges rack Sharp eye ^^. @ woodspirits, my work is coming up soon, (what do you guys think, also post a guitar that I made, or you guys think that it doesnt have allot to do with Traditional craft and such?) ps does anyone know how many spot are still left for the Bushmoot 2012?

yours sincerely Ruud

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....interesting ta....and a lot neater than mine m8! i like the idea of seeing stuff like this so i'm gonna photograph my workshop and get it on here too...

i remember the first time i went round toms house (mammoth blades) and walked into his workshop....i was like.....wowwww! heaven! envious???????????????!

a

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE