My first time Bivvying (pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
Last weekend we did a small cycle and camping trip. We cycled to a village called Kipfenberg which is about 30km away. It was over 30 degrees in the shade so we made plenty of breaks to rehydrate.

There was some wonderful views along the way including several Poppy fields.

PICT1273-2.jpg

PICT1266-1.jpg

PICT1302-5.jpg

PICT1301-4.jpg

The castle at Arnsberg

PICT1328-6.jpg

When we got to the camp site we could choose to set up anywhere we liked because we didn't have a proper tent. We found two trees and hung our ponchos as a tarp. It's a good job that it didn't rain as I hadn't done a very good job. Something to practice I think:)

PICT1279-2.jpg

PICT1278-3.jpg

After setting up we found the nearest beer garden and relaxed in the shade for a bit:beerchug:

We had a nice chilli for our evening meal and then really didn't know what to do with ourselves. We waited for it to start getting dark and got ready for bed. This is where things got bad:(

The camp site rules are that you have to be quiet after 10pm:27: but not everybody agrees with it:(

At about midnight I woke up to people singing football songs and generally being drunk and loud. The site manager challenged them and they told him where to go and carried on singing:rant:

I was a bit concerned for our safety and my kit so I was very relieved when the police turned up:cop: and arrested them all:buttkick:

I slept ok after that and really enjoyed the feeling you get waking up not closed in by walls. The original plan was to move on to a different camp site for the next night, but after our rather disturbed night we decided to go home. It was quite a good decision because that night it started to rain and was very windy:umbrella: .

It was a new experience and I hope the next time will work out better and my tarp hanging techniques will be weather proof enough not to worry about it raining.

Thanks for looking

Andy

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
nice photo's, love the sea of red.....Looks like you should of stayed dry under the tarp, if it had of rained....
I thought England were playing at home this week....?? :D

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Campsite rules???? Can be stifling but are sometimes needed to stop the behaviour you experienced. Most people know how far to go, a nice fire, a few beers, laughter perhaps a guitar and the odd song.
I try to avoid sites with too many rules and you often find the really basic sites - 1 tap 1 portaloo, don't attract rowdy crowds.

It can make you very protective when you do find a site that suits.

Anyway nice pis and sounds like you had a reasonable time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE