My first Scandi Sheath

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
It doesn't 'click' when the knife is inserted and I think it's probably a bit too tight and also may not go as high up the handle as I would like (wet formed it a bit higher than I had to) plus some slightly dodgy stitching but it should do the job! :D

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

I'm looking forward to number two now.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
I did one like that for mora classic. Never worked couse the knife slipped out of it to easily. Lost my knife a few times. Was lucky enough to find it. So don't hurry to take it to bush, you might loose yours and it's a beauty! :) who's the maker?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I did one like that for mora classic. Never worked couse the knife slipped out of it to easily. Lost my knife a few times. Was lucky enough to find it. So don't hurry to take it to bush, you might loose yours and it's a beauty! :) who's the maker?

The knife is all made by me (you can just about see my makers mark on the blade in the last picture)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Looking good stew, as you say a bit higher up with the leather on no 2 and contor it in a bit or add an extra stitch to make that baby click.
The knife looks very nice indeed.

It doesn't 'click' when the knife is inserted and I think it's probably a bit too tight and also may not go as high up the handle as I would like (wet formed it a bit higher than I had to) plus some slightly dodgy stitching but it should do the job! :D

If it helps you....I wet formend both of mine then soaked them in the fine oil you use on wood cutting blocks from IKEA....when soaked through I firmly pushed the knife into the sheath and left it somewhere to dry for a week or so...now it slips in and stays in place...the occasional spot of the same oil helps keep things lubricated and its good for the handle, and keeps the leather formed but supple.

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Looks like the complete package to me. Cool as! The sheath might be a bit short, but the design and execution is excellent mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE