My first 'possibles pouch'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
After being insired to have a go for a long time, and via a number of 'nursery projects' here is my first pouch! :eek:

It is made from chrome tanned leather (with the 'processed' side on the inside as I rather likes the 'back' side whan it is polished with good ol shoe polish...)

it is approx 165mm x 120mm x 50mm external and to be honest i'm pretty happy with the final result....... though next time I think i'll try a different closure

I must say a HUGE thanks to singteck fo his advice and tips! - thanks mate, hope the pretender did good! ;)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
thanks for the compliment pigsy!

The thing is though - I can't see myself using it to be honest :eek: ........... as much as I like the look / idea of leather possible pouches i'm not sure I would use one :lmao: (I know, I know what a sacralidge!)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Thanks shing! - I reccon i'd still be messing with it if you diddn't give me the virtual slap and make me look at calculating the holes in the curve in a sensible and SIMPLE way! :D

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
That's the simple way :D Want to try a harder way?? If you look at the stitching at the side, they spacing is smaller then the rest right?

If you want the spacing to be even, then you have to mark the stitches on the side like you would without reference to the front. When you put them together, the holes will not line up. Now you have to look at the nearest hole, ***** it to line up. The stitching is a little tricky and difficult to explain. It's like one fake stitch to get to the lined-up hole and then one real stitch. Not as strong but for small curve, it'll hold.

singteck

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Think I understand........ to be honest with the leather I have / the thread? you can't see the stitches anyway!:lmao: (after all the effort I put in to punch it correctly too!)

The stitches are pulled down snug into the grove so it just looks like a line. This is not a problem as it dosn't look odd though if the threads were going to be visable your other method may be a better bet!:rolleyes:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
g4ghb said:
thanks for the compliment pigsy!

The thing is though - I can't see myself using it to be honest :eek: ........... as much as I like the look / idea of leather possible pouches i'm not sure I would use one :lmao: (I know, I know what a sacralidge!)

LOL :lmao:

I know what you mean! hard to beat a good jacket pocket! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE