My first knife.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Hi folks,

Over the last couple of days I put a handle on a mora-blade. It is my first-ever attempt, but I am planning on many more:)

P5211854.JPG

Here is a picture next to a Mora 511. I took the blade from one of those, since I had two.

P5211860.JPG

P5211855.JPG

It is still a bit rough, and not really pretty, but I have to say I`m happy with it.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
explanations on how you did it would be helpful to others of a like mind regards dave

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Sorry, I didn`t take any pictures during the making of. I can try to explain it a bit though. The tutorial on brisa.fi was a great help to me, but since I don`t have a lot of tools I made do with less. I drilled the centre-holes for the tang with a makita-handdrill, and a 2mm-bit. I didn`t bother clamping the handle while the epoxy dried. This was mainly because I didn`t have a clamp, and I didn`t have the material to make a proper one.

I shaped the handle using a woodrasp/file, my knife (helle folkekniven) and sandpaper.

I find it hard to explain things properly, so specific questions to answer would be helpfull.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE