My first knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
thats looking really good

just point for others Tom made the mosaic pins himself i did supply hte bits of tube and square and some red epoxy dye but he has put them together
so good job there

the grind plunges highlite my need to replace the platen on my grinder one side has a bigger radii worn on than the other some day i can get them to match well others i cant guess this was one of the off days

ATB

Duncan

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
Many thanks for your kind words.

and thanks for a great offer Andy, i'll deffo have a think about shape, but i'm pretty sure i want to try forging a stick tang.

Dave i'm already looking round on here for someone who can make me a nice tan left handed leather sheath with belt loop as i dont feel confident enough to try one just yet.

Tom

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
finally managed to get some pics today in between the rain and hail!!

spine1.jpg

right2.jpg

left.jpg

edge.jpg

DSCF7584.jpg

Tom

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
ten times better in the daylight,....(*note to self , take better pictures of my own work!!)

the laburnum is so warm,...

in these pics i would say its a lot like Yew (not just as its poisonous) in its grain pattern and warmth,...

again, well done and as said,.....Give it some hammer now!!! hahaha

Stu

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
Yes hopefully soon too :) depending when my stuff from the DD group buy turns up i may get to the meet, if not then it will be april before i get a proper chance to use it.

I'll be going to the local woodland on saturday to try my hobo stove out, so it'll get an outing then :)

Cheers Stu, i always find daylight helps, the flash just makes everything too light. oh and macro mode helps with the close ups too (the button is usually a little picture of a flower)

Tom

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE