My first knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Well it's a cross between a parang and a leuku :D

Made from a chainsaw guide bar, it's 6mm thick and the overall length is 22 inches.

P1010248.jpg

It's a bit heavy at 1.54lbs.

I can't wait to chop something up :p

singteck

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Is it a neck knife? :D

Dear Gods mate thats brutal - should work a treat on all that bamboo though - you well?

Red

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
Why is there a hole in the blade? thats going to suck if it snaps right there.

As an after thought, if your cutting bamboo? rather you than me - now I can see why you need the 'knife' equivilant of the elephant gun.

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Why is there a hole in the blade? thats going to suck if it snaps right there.

As an after thought, if your cutting bamboo? rather you than me - now I can see why you need the 'knife' equivilant of the elephant gun.

The hole was filled with an aluminium plug and it was on the guide bar. The plug came off during heat threatment so I am left with the ugly hole.

Need the length to clear bushes and undergrowth.

singteck

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
The hole was filled with an aluminium plug and it was on the guide bar. The plug came off during heat threatment so I am left with the ugly hole.

Need the length to clear bushes and undergrowth.

singteck

If I was the undergrowth, I would take one look and uproot myslef if some one was waving that beastie around near me.

Dammit thats going to make your life real easy with such reach - good for keeping clear of beasties lurking in the bush too.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Might be worth you posting somepictures of that undergrowth you showed me (and them clever bamboo shelters - with the split bamboo IIRC)

Deffo the right tool for that kind of growth - you'll have to show us the back sheath too!

Red

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
In the jungle itself, where there are more trees and less sunlight reaching the ground, there is less undergrowth. But at the edge of the jungle you will come face to face with these.....................

2047285478_31c18517f5.jpg
3227920049_3ef8d74c94.jpg

singteck

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hell mate , I am going to have to come and visit you one day - that is so beautiful!

But in the "cool" season!

Bet when its hot you miss Winchester :D

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
chainsaw guide bar.... just had one of those 'how come i didn't think of that' moments:)
what type of bar was it? most of them are made of 3 sheets of steel welded together, or was yours solid?
great job:D

pete

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Hell mate , I am going to have to come and visit you one day - that is so beautiful!

But in the "cool" season!

Bet when its hot you miss Winchester :D

Come over and I'll take you around :cool: but there is no 'cool' season. There's only 2 seasons here, the raining season and the dry season.

Sigh.... Winchester.

chainsaw guide bar.... just had one of those 'how come i didn't think of that' moments:)
what type of bar was it? most of them are made of 3 sheets of steel welded together, or was yours solid?
great job:D

pete

Not sure what type of bar or steel it is. Throws some nice sparks and it's solid except for the 3 holes with the aluminium plugs in them.

singteck

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well it's a cross between a parang and a leuku :D

singteck

Looks like a reinforced machete to me.

I think it comes under the Act as a sword or pedang.

Even in this easy going parang-wielding society how are you going to explain that to the policeman anywhere other than in a field or jungle!

Good for zombie suppression as well as clearing ground!

Ash

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
That's a proper whopper of a chopper ain't it? :D Very nice, and those pics of the jungle look great too - what's the coldest it gets there? I've always wanted to visit a jungle but the heat and humidity would probably floor me as fast as the chopper would :p

Pete

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Looks like a reinforced machete to me.

I think it comes under the Act as a sword or pedang.

Even in this easy going parang-wielding society how are you going to explain that to the policeman anywhere other than in a field or jungle!

Good for zombie suppression as well as clearing ground!

Ash

Don't worry Ash. It's going to be in the jungle and plantation only. If you don't take it out on the street, there will be no problem.

That's a proper whopper of a chopper ain't it? :D Very nice, and those pics of the jungle look great too - what's the coldest it gets there? I've always wanted to visit a jungle but the heat and humidity would probably floor me as fast as the chopper would :p

Pete

It never gets cold in the day time even when it rains. At night the temperature might drop to about 20c. If you want cold weather, you will have to go to the highlands. There's lots of trails and jungles to explore with convenient parking right at the start of the trail. Temperature is about 25c average in the day time and drops to the high 10s at night.

singteck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE