My first full tang

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tobrien1

Nov 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
Just finished this. It's a Mora Scandvik blade with cherry wood scales rubbed with boiled linseed oil. It's not quite perfect, there were a couple of slight gaps where the pins are but as a first try I think it's come out ok :)

5ea90061.jpg

cf4eb0d7.jpg

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Very nice, very tidy.
I myself am working on the exact same blade!, although have messed up several processes and I am starting from scratch, cant see mine looking anywhere near as nice as that one once finished.
Great work.

outdoorpaddy

tobrien1

Nov 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
Very nice, very tidy.
I myself am working on the exact same blade!, although have messed up several processes and I am starting from scratch, cant see mine looking anywhere near as nice as that one once finished.
Great work.

outdoorpaddy

lol, so did I. I got to the point of putting the scales on 3 times before actually getting it right. Managed to split one scale when putting the pins in , the second time the holes weren't quite big enough for the scales still and the epoxy dried before it was properly on. Third time lucky but I drilled the holes a little bigger hence the slight gap on the finished product!

Forgot to mention too, I didn't have any liners and didn't want to buy some and have to wait for them to arrive in the post so they are made from an old cut up DVD case lol. Quite pleased with how that came out :D

It's a really nice blade, seriously sharp too which is good. You'll enjoy it when it goes right lol.

I've ordered some carnauba/beeswax mix which I think I'm going to try waxing it with to get a nice shine to it. Does anyone have any good techniques to doing it?

Last edited:

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Thanks for sharing - I'm finishing off an Enzo full tang and really appreciate the process of doing your own knife! You've got a great finish on the scales as well as the brass pins.
Gonna do anymore?

Last edited:

tobrien1

Nov 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
Thanks for sharing - I'm finishing off an Enzo full tang and really appreciate the process of doing your own knife! You've got a great finish on the tangs as well as the brass pins.
Gonna do anymore?

Cheers :)
I started a spoon knife today actually lol. Think I've got the bug!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE