my first from tracks to deer :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MONKEY8MAV

May 29, 2010
bolton manchester uk
while out at my local patch today i heard a roe barking in the distance so i walked towards the sound found some quite fresh deer scat and tracks i follow these for about 100 meters when a roe doe bursts out of some holly 5 meters in front of it ran over the crest of a nearby hill i once again follow the tracks to the top of the hill and hear the barking so i duck down behind a felled pine tree by this point id got my camo jacket on so i look over the pine tree and at the bottom a roe stag and doe grazing on some bramble tops i edge myself over the tree creeping towards the pair i get to wothin 10 meteres when crack i look down to find ive stept on the one dry stick in the forrest when i look up i get 2 deers arses bouncing off into the horizon gutting sorry for the lack of pictures as the cameras broken this was at entswistle resrvoir

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Wow nice to hear someone describe a special moment, pity about camera. It's such a nice experience when a bit of patience and time makes a day truly worth living.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's a great feeling isn't it. It's one of the most fundamental and important skills that our species developed for its survival, yet it has been lost. Once you connect back with that skill, being out in the woods feels more natural and right than it ever did before.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
And you never lose that feeling. As you use the skills more, you create more possibilities for close encounters and that privileged feeling never diminishes. Sometimes it can bring tears to your eyes you see things that are so rare and special.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE