My first DIY hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I finished this off last night. Made from orange rip-stop for the outer, and black polyester taffeta for the inner, which was labelled as anti static dress lining fabric on ebay. One side is open for the insertion of a mat, and the ends have channels sewn into them for the permanently attached strap, surplus from the DD travel hammock I have. Length is just shy of three metres, and it is one point five metres wide and weighs four hundred and eighty grams. Cost works out at eleven pounds for the materials.
The mat inside is just to open it up for the pictures. Led out in it I didn't hear any tearing so I think it works, will know better after sleeping out in it.

20130423_083645.jpg

20130423_083606.jpg

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Well, I didn't fall to the ground overnight, so I class this one a success. The rip-stop is very wind resistant, and the texture helped my mat stay in place as I moved about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE