My first catty

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire

Not much to look at, but im having plenty of fun for hardly any money
Its an Ash fork, that was loads bigger than it is now, so I could carve it the shape that felt just right for me.

I find I can get my thumb through the Y without hitting it, which helps a novice like me to wind it back hard, and keep it acurate.

Already had loads of use practicing in the back yard on cans. Changed the free red theraband for the old fashioned square rubber. But going to try and get some gold theraband. Whipped the leather pouch on but one side slipped from over doing it, so rewhipped with waxed cotton and rubber bands.

Might make a pretty one one day :D

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
Cool. I guess it's not the prettiest catty I've ever seen but as long as it works! I should really make one of my own. What string exactly did you use to tie the bands on? Butchers twine, kite string? Or just some random waxed cotton string you found laying around.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Waxed embroidery thread, but the ones you mention should work well. Toothfloss is very good too. Cheers.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Hes the man alright. That clip, and a go on an old milbro one, got me into catapults.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Nice that, I can feel the pain of the thumb already,,,,Ouch. It just gives me that funny tickle......like talking about vasectomy.:eek:

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Lol, like being a kid again.:D

I mentioned i'd made one to my dad. His eyes lit up and started telling me about his tales of how far he could hit stuff ect, when he was a kid. Took me by suprise as he rarely takes any interest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE