my first bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ragamuffin

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2009
plymouth
i'm getting a mora. i have a bowie but its a bit clumsey for what i want. i have bought the mora in the hope that i can learn some fundimental bushcraft skills. i'm fed up with the ''i'll just hit it with a hammer'' mentality i normally go with.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Hello and welcome!

You can't go wrong with the Mora's, they're lovely tools. Which model did you buy?

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Very good choice! No, wait, for the money an EXCELLENT choice! I have two, "clippers", one I use and the other one held in reserve. You will love your Mora. Be careful when you take it out for the first time, they come razor sharp - - or at least mine did.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I have just got one of the 4.99 ones from Military Mart. Did my first real feather stick today, it comes that sharp. The sheath is plastic tat but it does the job. I have just used a stanley knife for cutting in the past. I have an axe for logs / thick sticks and a matchete for battening. never saw the need for a mega sharp blade in the past.

Now to make and try out one of those £5 sharpening kits

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
All the moras are fantastic no nonsense knives, I have a couple I'd never part with.... Well SWMBO has nicked one and won't give it back !! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE