My first bow...and its your fault.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

browndrake

Feb 4, 2006
Arizona, USA
You know, I have always spent time in the hills hunting, fishing, camping, etc.
However, I have been stuck in the city and in a place in life keeping in the city for a few years now.

I made the mistake of looking at some knapped stone, online, a couple weeks ago..... ...... .... a see a firepiston......I end up here.......I make a firepiston.......people here talk about paleo planet..........I end up making a bow and arrow......( I have always wanted too, but never really done it..not a 'real' one).....I dont have time for all this..........IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
thanks

drawn.jpg

fletch.jpg

point.jpg

browndrake

Feb 4, 2006
Arizona, USA
Thanks

I have shot it a few times but only at home so only about 15 meters. Draws smoothly and flings the arrow pretty well. I dont have a chrony so dont know how fast but it hits hard. No noticable handshock.

I hope to get out Friday after school to shoot some more and at various distances and targets. If I dont, I think I am in trouble. My kids are chomping at the bit to go out and shoot their bows...

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Well Done. I saw it on Paleoplanet and thought what a great job you've made of it. Particularly like the Guinea fowl fletchings and the knapped point.

Have fun when you get out...assuming the kids let you have a go ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE