My Covid-19 and later projects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Project 88
Yeah- OK ...so I am retired and no longer an Iron Age Warrior.... but I may end up doing a bit of volunteering at Castell Henllys ... so I made a new pair of Iron Age trousers ...
Nettle fiber Linen fabric, wool sewing, drawcords and ankle ties ... and if I have to go to hospital at any point I now have some PJs to wear!
View attachment 86995View attachment 86996
Oh, very stylish.

I am now having trouser envy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Project 92
Soda can stove
OK it is old hat and I have done a couple of different designs in the past ... but I just fancied having another go on a design closer to a Trangia stove than previous attempts. I got the instructions by Googling "Soda Can Stoves" ...
I used Ribena cans for this first try and used it as my primary stove for a weekend's meet in West Wales - and I am pleased to report that it worked fine! I set it into a Crusader 2 wind shield where it was a good fit. I also made a simmer ring but used the trangia simmer ring as a snuffer.
Having collected afew used beer cans over the weekend I now intend making a neater example (or several) along with matching simmer rings and snuffers.

DSCF0001.JPGDSCF0002.JPGDSCF0013.JPGDSCF0014.JPG

Reactions: Kepis and Minotaur

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Project 93
A new camp table
Made from willow and hazel, lashed with a variety of synthetic cordage ... I just needed a new table to replace the old one that had rotted on site... tables are an essential for me - at least on a much used static site :)
You can also see that previous projects are now a regular part of my set up :)
DSCF0001.JPGDSCF0002.JPGDSCF0005.JPG

Reactions: Kepis and Minotaur

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Project 93
A new camp table
Made from willow and hazel, lashed with a variety of synthetic cordage ... I just needed a new table to replace the old one that had rotted on site... tables are an essential for me - at least on a much used static site :)
You can also see that previous projects are now a regular part of my set up :)
View attachment 88398View attachment 88399View attachment 88400
I despair of myself at times. Another amazing show of John's work and my first thought is John drinks Punk IPA!

• Haha
Reactions: John Fenna

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Project 93
The Doom Bar Stove set
My third Soda/Beer Can meths burner - with a Beer Can Wind Shield!
The windshield is designed for Crusader Mug and is made from beer cans the former I made my mug lid on, staples, angle brackets and heat resistant tape ... a bit of a "proof of concept" project....
As I am planning my next meet as a "100% home made" event for me (clothing and all equipment made by me - hence some of my recent projects...) I made sure the windshield was big enough to take my small billycan (made from a tea-caddy) as well as the mug....DSCF0001.JPGDSCF0002.JPGDSCF0003.JPGDSCF0004.JPGDSCF0005.JPGDSCF0006.JPGDSCF0007.JPGDSCF0008.JPGDSCF0009.JPGDSCF0010.JPGDSCF0012.JPGDSCF0014.JPGDSCF0016.JPGDSCF0017.JPGDSCF0019.JPGDSCF0021.JPGDSCF0023.JPG

Reactions: Chris and Kepis

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Project 94
Boxwood forks
I was thinking of making a bone/horn/antler fork as all my wooden forks have tines that (to make them strong enough) tend to be a bit thick and blunt ... and not very useful!
Then, out of the blue, I am offered some thick and seasoned Boxwood :)
Very hard, very dense, very strong, quite knotty and twisted I knew that this was going to be ideal for my fork!
It was not easy to carve and shape (see the qualities above) but I think it was worth the effort! Sanded to 000 grade wire wool and finished with flax oil.DSCF0001 (2).JPGDSCF0002 (3).JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE