My corner of the world...

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Hi Guys,

With the recent snowfall, I thought it would be a great time to get out in the woods for an early start and enjoy what nature has to offer. Below is a small sample of some random phone pics of my little corner of the world....

Got there bright and early as the sun came above the horizon.

Sunrise.jpg

This is the start of the trail I picked up on.

Startofthetrail.jpg

This woodland is a mix of pine plantation with mixed native broadleaf.

Deepinthewoods.jpg

Some really interesting trails...

Cooltrees.jpg

Spotted this along the way. Can anyone ident it for me? I think it is either a blushing bracket or horse hoof fungus?

BlushingBracketorHorseHoof.jpg

Here is one of my dogs running ahead into a clearing...

Baloorunningahead.jpg

Deeper into the woods we go...

PineForest.jpg

The other dog picked up on the scent of something here and dashed off into the undergrowth...

Thescentofsomething.jpg

All this scenery was making me hungry...time to find a brekkie spot for some fodder and a snowbrew...

PicnicSpot.jpg

Scrambled eggs and tea...forgot me mug but had a spare bowl!

Breakfast.jpg

After breakfast, moved back onto the trail and collected fallen Christmas Wreath materials...plenty to choose from...

WinterStuff.jpg

Heading back to RV, came across this little woodpecker home...detached, rural location, outside lav and air con with lovely neighbours...

Woodpeckerhouse.jpg

At this point the dogs decided it was too cold an were legging it back to the car...

33798_1726423285301_1379977331_1853698_2400548_n.jpg

On getting back to the car, the skies cleared once more and I was blessed with this...couldve been anywhere!!

Couldbeanywhere.jpg

Was a great way to spend a couple of hours!! Was worth pulling the sickie for!!

Please excuse the quality of the pics as they were snapped on my phone...

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Nice one Pablo!,..:)

:campfire:love the snow brew,but seen the pic once on bberry ;),...

upward tree shot could be in Canada!!!::yikes:

Snowbrew!!!! hahahaha:campfire:

Stu

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Didnt i tell you mate...i popped over the pond to canada?? Nah, little place called Bacton wood near my home...you shouldve seen it before, you were getting LIVE commentary!!

Was a great morning mclark...pity there arent more of them like it...

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Thanks for the comments. That particular place has turned into a quagmire after the snowfall, so it was a beach bimble for me today...ah, beachbrew as the sun rises...worth NOT being at work for ha ha

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
i've just been up to bacton woods for a wander in the snow with swmbo. what a fantastic place. i love it with out the snow but it just becomes so much more. i've been practicing my tracking, muntjac, squirrel, rabbit, foxes, the obvious dogs and their walkers and one mystery set which i'm gonna put down to the beast of bacton lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE