My Campsite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I decided that its been to long since Ive stayed out overnight so grabbed my bag and headed off to my local stomping ground. :)

P4210071.jpg

It didn't take me long to set up camp :D

P4210072.jpg

Just another shot of camp

P4200055.jpg

Sun setting behind the trees

I had planed on doing some carving but just sat watching the fire most of the night :rolleyes: and drinking hot chocolate

The little woods are perfect for natural shelter building but I never make one because if I left it up I'm sure kids would trash it if they found it :(

You can also see in the picture Ive got a raised fire pit (bottom of an oil drum and some pipe legs) it just makes it easier to stop the fire spreading and makes it simple to clear away.
And no I don't carry it it lives in the rhododendrons up there when I'm finished.

Beans and burgers for Breakfast with biscuits brown washed down with a pint of cappuccino :D

What better way to start the day ;)

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
That's a big fire for cooking for one. Excellent setup though. Wish I could put together a fire pit like that. I refuse to buy one, so I need to learn how to weld.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
That's a big fire for cooking for one. Excellent setup though. Wish I could put together a fire pit like that. I refuse to buy one, so I need to learn how to weld.

Theres no welding involved just get an empy oil drum cut the botom of it and bolt on 4 pipe legs :D sorted

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looks like you had a real good time there Wh. As the others say it's a cracking little site for you.

I'm still trying to find somewhere to go for just myself, my son and a couple friends so I can invite people to join me occasionally. Spoke to a couple farmers today, they seemed pretty friendly and didn't say no, just they have to speak to others as they lease the woods for pheasant shoots and they don't want to upset them. Still, I'll keep trying and hopefully I'll find somewhere soon. :)

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Looks like a fine spot you have there Warthog. Just makes me want to get out myself now!
I have spent the last two weekends on an Archery Leaders course and still have one day to go - the day of the test, so haven't been properly out for at least 3 weekends!

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms just looking at your pictures!

Simon

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Take a fluorescent strip light along and sling it beneath your tarp - free lighting, or, you could pretend it's a light sabre. May the force be with you.

That fire pit reminds me, I must make another as some numpty threw mine out thinking it was scrap.

Eric

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Take a fluorescent strip light along and sling it beneath your tarp - free lighting, or, you could pretend it's a light sabre. May the force be with you.

That fire pit reminds me, I must make another as some numpty threw mine out thinking it was scrap.

Eric

Credit goes to Eric for the inspiration for the fire pit its a good idea ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE