My Camping Spot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnny Canuck

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2007
The True North Strong and Free
Hello, I am a member of a historical reenactment society. We have a 125 acre site about 15 minutes away from my house. I tend to spend a fair amount of time there year round. Here are three photos taken by a friend last month. This is typical of second-growth Douglas Fir and Alder forests on Vancouver Island. He did it justice, managed to capture the light.
alberni1nc3.jpg

alberni2qt4.jpg

alberni3eq8.jpg

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Great pics. What era of historical re enactment are you interested in?

stuartmac5

Oct 14, 2006
southampton, uk
lovely looking woods Johnny, the lighting makes it look very enchanted. It must be nice to spend so much time in the forest. something most of us want sooo much :)

Johnny Canuck

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2007
The True North Strong and Free
Black bear, black tail deer, owl, squirrel, marten, turkey vultures, ravens, crows, bald eagles and once a cougar. I am going to give making a wigwam a try this month I will try to post more pics.

Too Much Kit To Carry said:
More pictures please - that looks stunning. I love to camp there! What wildlife do you see when in those woods?

Phil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE