My brother has no brains

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
We'll I have been really working on my sharpening of my knives recently and got them all to a really good standard

So today my brother comes around and he's seen my knives and Whetstone's in the garden

He asks if he can go check them out I say yeh go ahead but warn him they are sharp

As I am making us both a brew (like any British person should with a guest) I hear a huge yelp I go out and see his arm streaming with blood

So I get him sorted out and ask him what happened he goes " I wanted to see how sharp it was so I ran the blade over my arm. It was really sharp"

My brother is 25 and older than me you would think he had some more common sense than to do that

But there is some good points I can take from this

1. I'm the smarter brother
2. I could not help but laugh at his dumb a**
3. My knives are really sharp

Sorry if this was abut long winded or in the wrong area but I thought you would enjoy it :D

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Silly sod... He should of lightly ran it across his finger nail.. To test it's sharpness.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Don't you just hate being delegated the smart brother not by some ingenious doings of your own making but by the sheer stupidity of your siblings, so much so that it would take some monumental stupidity of your own to top it and become the family dunce

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Don't you just hate being delegated the smart brother not by some ingenious doings of your own making but by the sheer stupidity of your siblings, so much so that it would take some monumental stupidity of your own to top it and become the family dunce
I'm guessing you have a brother who is also a numb nuts

Honestly it makes me laugh that he thought I would not be able to get them that sharp

Well that showed him haha

He's not allowed to handle sharp objects anymore

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I have 5 brothers and 1 sister and slowly but sure over the years by their own actions i have been delegated top sibling.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Worst part is that i have always known i was the wisest and most benevolent, they didn't need to repeatedly prove it with their actions all these years

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Yeah you can't cure stupidity as that medicine got stashed away in the CIA vault with the cure for cancer, like cancer stupidity is treated on a case by case basis usually costing a small fortune

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
1: You are an expert sharpener
2: Be grateful your brother did not try to shave his face with it
3: Give him a plastic knife and fork next time you eat together, just in case.......

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
1: You are an expert sharpener
2: Be grateful your brother did not try to shave his face with it
3: Give him a plastic knife and fork next time you eat together, just in case.......
I think even plastic will be to much for him may just limit him to his hands from now on and thanks for the compliment :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Plastic brightly coloured sporks all round i reckon is the only way to protect them from themselves, we better make sure it is not the ones with a serrated edge, fork knows the possible carnage

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Yes but we never thought about the choking hazard and will they try to eat the plastic maybe we just blend all there food so there is nothing but mush

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE